Elves come in variations, but overall they are noted for their otherworldly beauty and sharp elongated ears. Unlike most races, they hardly age and they can live for many thousands of years. For elves, having children is often only considered after centuries of marriage, likely due to their longevity. They have a distaste for fire that goes to the extent of them setting up wards to combat it. Their language is said to have the rhythm of a song or spell. There is an enmity between them and the dwarves that is said to be as old as the gods. Elves possess a unique connection to animal life, thus can immediately calm a rowdy horse with a simple pat.
Elves do not eat meat or fish out of a desire of balance. According to Forest Princess' husband, fruit ripens quicker compared to an animal and is more abundant. Additionally, the ecosystem would be threatened if they had to hunt for food. As such, elves mainly subsist on grasses, fruits, berries, and bugs, which provide a highly varied and easily replenished source of protein.
Their long ears are quite mobile and emotive, being completely a part of their body language.
High Elves (
Dark Elves (
|High Elf Archer||Forest Princess||Elf Captive||Elf Acolyte||Dark Elf|
- Goblin Slayer Light Novel — Volume 7, Chapter 1: A Handout for Her
- Goblin Slayer Light Novel — Volume 1, Chapter 4: The Mountain Fortress Burns
- Goblin Slayer Light Novel — Volume 1, Chapter 5: Unexpected Visitors
- Goblin Slayer Light Novel — Volume 8, Chapter 6: The Princess's Ordeal
- Goblin Slayer Light Novel — Volume 7, Chapter 3: The Forest of the Elf King
- Goblin Slayer Light Novel — Volume 3, Chapter 4: It's Your Smile That Matters