Priestess (女神官, Onna Shinkan) is the main female protagonist of the Goblin Slayer series.
After Goblin Slayer saves her life during her first adventure, she becomes the first member of his party and frequently accompanies him during adventures.
Priestess is a young woman with long blond hair and blue eyes. She is usually seen wearing white robes over blue garbs, both laced with golden outlines and wielding a golden-colored staff decorated with blue jewels.
Priestess is a kind fellow who has no problems making new friends, although she can get rather shy at first. She is always noted by others to be frail and delicate-looking, and is rather prone to shedding tears and going red-faced when troubled; this usually happens whenever Goblin Slayer is being callous. Still, she can and does maintain her assertiveness while tearing up all the same.
However, her passive behavior renders her emotionally vulnerable to extreme life-threatening situations. When her first party was slaughtered in her first adventure, she broke down and was too frightened to move. Priestess reacted the same way when when her current party members were about to meet the same fate in Water Town's catacombs.
Occasionally, she has shown confusion and anxiety over the way her miracles were being used under the instructions of Goblin Slayer, who makes full use of its effectiveness in brutal tactics. This only gets worse when she returns to the temple and receives more miracles, making her wonder why the Earth Mother would grant her these protective miracles if they were being used in such a contradictory manner.
Priestess was an orphan who was raised in a temple into the priesthood along with other orphans. Since coming of age, she decided to leave the temple and help adventurers in need.
As a young acolyte, she was busy washing bandages for injured adventurers, when she noticed a fatigued adventurer leaning against a wall during a hectic day at the temple. Recalling the precepts of the Earth Mother, the acolyte cast a healing miracle on the adventurer, but became disoriented as a result.
Priestess first appeared as a newly registered Porcelain rank adventurer. She agreed to join three other newbies in eradicating a goblin nest. After her first goblin hunt rapidly went downhill, she was saved by Goblin Slayer and joined him on his quests. Despite the events of her first adventure, she still wished to be an adventurer and to help her party however she can. As she fought alongside Goblin Slayer throughout the story, she learned how to use miracles alternatively, gained new miracles, and increased her ability to survive under his tutelage. After defeating an Ogre, she was promoted to Obsidian rank.
The party members took Goblin Slayer on a quest to exterminate goblins beneath Water Town, while also meeting the legendary Sword Maiden. While bathing in the Temple of Law with Sword Maiden, Priestess was told that Goblin Slayer would disappear one day. After she saw the numerous scars riddled across Sword Maiden's body, Priestess deduced that Sword Maiden knew about the threat of the goblins.
As she and the rest of the party ventured into the sewers again, Priestess discovered in a room what appeared to be an adventurer in chains. However, upon discovering that the adventurer was long deceased, they were suddenly locked in by goblins. Shortly after they managed to avoid being poisoned by the subsequent toxic gas, Priestess cast Protection in front of the door to prepare for their imminent battle with the goblins. Her spell managed to hold through the initial stages of the battle, but once Goblin Slayer was dealt a major blow by a goblin champion, Protection wore off. As the rest of her party became overwhelmed, Priestess cried in anguish as the goblin champion bit and tore off a portion of flesh from her arm. Fortunately, Goblin Slayer recovered just in time rescue her by strangling the goblin champion, which also allowed the party members to push back the goblins. On the ground, Priestess apologized, but Goblin Slayer assured her that these types of situations happen sometimes, before he collapsed.
Priestess and Goblin Slayer recovered from their injuries sleeping together as part of the Resurrection spell. She briefly panicked and covered herself with a blanket after seeing that Goblin Slayer woke up, but calmed down after he told her that there was no scar on her arm. After they met up with the rest of the party, Priestess reminded Goblin Slayer to oblige on their promise to have a meal together after they got back. That evening, the two went out and ate ice cream, while also picking up armor Goblin Slayer ordered.
Priestess and the party then went back into the catacombs down a secret staircase that Goblin Slayer unintentionally uncovered. There, they found a gate mirror and confronted its guardian; right before Goblin Slayer set off a dust explosion to kill it, Priestess cast Protection to shield the party from the blast. When the goblins came back, she helped Lizard Priest pull off the mirror before escaping with the rest of the group.
During the Harvest Festival, Priestess wore special garb to recite the Call God miracle. When Goblin Slayer told her and the rest of the party that goblins were approaching from the east and west, she and High Elf Archer fought the goblins on one side while the rest fought them on the other.
Having just started her second year of adventuring, Priestess was ecstatic to receive a promotion to Steel. To her disappointment, however, Priestess was unable to pass for a promotion. Her party members figured that the Adventurer's Guild thought she was piggybacking on a party of silver-ranked adventurers, so they suggested that Priestess adventure with another Porcelain or Obsidian. Overhearing their conversation, Wizard Boy slandered Priestess for her failure, which earned him the ire of other surrounding clerics. Female Knight, who decided to intervene, proposed that he slay some goblins on the condition that Priestess would lead him. During an adventure into a goblin-infested mausoleum however, Wizard Boy refused to heed Priestess' directions and had to be rescued by Goblin Slayer's party. Unable to come up with an action plan of her own, she was forced to hand leadership back to Goblin Slayer for the time being. When the party feasted after completing the quest, Priestess was unsettled after learning Wizard was Wizard Boy's older sister.
Once her fellow rookies finished training with Spearman and Female Knight, Priestess arrived to hand them refreshments. Making small talk with Wizard Boy, Priestess mentioned she knew a wizard who wanted to slay dragons; when Wizard Boy deemed that goal would be nothing more than a dream, Priestess responded that dreams didn't have to be anything more than what they were. Some time later, while eating with Lizard Priest, Priestess asked Rhea Fighter to adventure with her, which the latter accepted.
When the goblins attacked the training grounds three days later, Priestess figured the goblins were also hunting the rookies who did not stay for night training. As a result, Priestess took Wizard Boy, Apprentice Cleric, Rookie Warrior and Rhea Fighter with her to rescue the rookies, while her party and other silver-ranked adventurers dealt with the goblins. Priestess used her miracles to stave off goblins so that the others could rescue the injured rookies, before letting Wizard Boy deter them using his spell.  After the battle was won, her accomplishments enabled her to be promoted to Steel. Recalling her experiences since her first goblin-slaying quest, Priestess questioned if she was actually strong enough for her promotion.
Priestess, the party along with Guild Girl and Cow Girl were invited by High Elf Archer to her sister's wedding. Before they went, the party killed some goblins in a church, recovered several clay tablets and rescued the surviving nuns; with her new miracle Purify, Priestess cleaned off the dirt, blood and gore from the nuns' clothes. Once the tablets were delivered to Water Town, the party set sail on a raft to the elves' home. When they were soon attacked from the banks by goblin riders, Priestess used Purify to clear the river of debris the goblins had tossed in. 
After she and the group were escorted to the elf forest, Priestess bathed in an underground waterfall with Cow Girl and Guild Girl. When Mokele Mubenbe attacked, Priestess healed the beast of its injuries after the party managed to knock it unconscious and kill the goblins riding it.
As Priestess and the party later set sail toward the goblin hideout, she vomited in disgust after they discovered a forest of corpses impaled on sticks. When the party sneaked into the goblins' fortress and picked up the sound of a person's voice, Priestess urged the adventurers to head towards the source in case the person was a captive. Unfortunately, they made their way there only to find the remains of an adventurer crushed under a millstone, which unnerved Priestess once more. When the adventurers took a moment to rest, Priestess struggled to lay still. 
When they finally battled the goblins and their shaman leader and to Priestess' horror, most of the party were incapacitated due to the shaman casting Sleep Cloud. Acting upon pure instinct, Priestess used Purify to turn the goblin shaman's blood into water. Priestess was snapped back to her senses when the Earth Mother denounced her usage of Purify, breaking down into tears upon realizing what she did. However, this stalled the shaman long enough for the party managed to regain consciousness, retreat and then flood the fortress, killing the goblins. When Priestess questioned if she was still worthy of the Earth Mother and her miracles, she was prompted by a murmured voice to behold the sight of a rainbow.
At the wedding, Priestess was asked by High Elf Archer to say a prayer to the Earth Mother for the elves. Initially doubtful she was still fit to pray to the goddess, she was pleasantly surprised when her prayer reached the Earth Mother. She and the group returned to the frontier town after three days.
Priestess possesses defensive and support miracles granted by the Earth Mother. She has been noted as having more miracles than those her age. Travelling with Goblin Slayer has also shown her unconventional ways of using her miracles, allowing her to be a more useful ally in combat. She possesses five miracles: Minor Heal, Protection, Silence, Holy Light, and Purify. Priestess can only cast three miracles a day.
- Holy Light《聖光 (ホーリーライト) Hōrīraito》: Used to temporarily blind opponents with a large flash of light.
- Minor Heal《小癒 (ヒール) Hīru》: Used to heal minor injuries, but cannot cure anyone suffering from poison or restore lost vitality.
- Protection《聖壁 (プロテクション) Purotekushon》: Allows Priestess to create a magical barrier that shields her (and her party members) from attacks and projectiles. However, she has also used it to confine goblins in a burning fortress and to restrain Goblin Lord.
- Purify《浄化 (ピュアリファイ) Pyuarifai》: Enables Priestess to remove impurities from people and items, such as cleaning off the clothes and body of one or more people and can purify water or air to a certain extent. During a desperate situation against a goblin shaman, she has also used it to turn the goblin shaman's blood into water. However, using Purify this way is considered a transgression against the Earth Mother, a deity of mercy and compassion.
- Silence《沈黙 (サイレンス) Sairensu》
- Sounding Staff: Used to cast her various miracles.
- Chainmail Armor: Taking advice from Goblin Slayer after her first ordeal with Goblins, Priestess bought and equipped some chainmail.
- Sling: She has been seen using a shepherd's sling, though she still needs development with the weapon.
- Flail: Priestess used it as a ceremonial item during the Harvest Festival. During the battle against Dark Elf, she uses it to cast her miracles.
- On the textboard version of the series, Priestess' placeholder design was the Female Priest from Dragon Quest III.
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 6, Chapter 2: The Red-Haired Wizard Boy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 6, Chapter 7: Onward to Adventure
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Side Story: Year One Light Novel - Volume 1, Chapter 8: Ending Phase
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 3, Chapter 4: It's Your Smile That Matters
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 3, Chapter 5: A Scenario Overturned
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 3, Chapter 6: Seven Powers
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 6, Chapter 3: Magical Resources
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 6, Chapter 4: The Men with No Names
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 6, Chapter 6: To Each Their Own Battle
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 7, Chapter 1: A Handout for Her
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 7, Chapter 2: Beard-Cutter Goes to the Southern River
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 7, Chapter 4: The Fight with the Beast
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 7, Chapter 6: Heart of Darkness
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 7, Chapter 7: Cleanse the Blood
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 7, Chapter 8: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel – Volume 1, Chapter 8: Goblin Slaying
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Light Novel - Volume 3, Chapter 1: Harvest Moon
- ↑ Goblin Slayer Manga - Chapter 30
- ↑ https://yaruok.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-4317.html